Born in the Northwest to a native Oregonian family, but raised in Santa Barbara, CA.; I spent two years as a missionary in the northeast area of Argentina in the late 70’s. I still maintain my fluent Castellaño (Argentine brand of Spanish). Upon returning to the United States, I moved to New York City for 10 years before returning to Oregon. I worked there for a large family owned electrical contractor with 1000 electricians, where I was privileged to work on dozens of new skyscrapers, Wall Street projects, and the Statue of Liberty renovation project, to name a few.
I returned to my roots in Eugene in 1989 so that I could be closer to my family. I worked as the Chief Estimator, project manager and design/build team member for Philips Electric for 16 years which was later purchased by Christenson Electric. I also worked for Builders Electric for 6 years, where I helped them modernize their design and estimating programs, project managed and estimated. I also designed many of their larger commercial projects during the time I was there including the LEED Platinum showcase Kendall Toyota project in Eugene.
I married my sweetheart, Pam. Together Pam and I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren including the youngest, a 5-year old boy which we are raising as our own. We enjoy spending time with our grandchildren and our children. We enjoy concert performances of all kinds and traveling. Never a dull moment in our home.
My 40 years of experience in the electrical trades encompass a wide variety of projects and positions including:
- Parts and tool runner for my father who was a foreman electrician.
- Designing, bidding and managing small to very large commercial, residential & industrial electrical projects.
- Field experience as an apprentice electrician and later as an estimator/manager in NYC.
- Over $500 Million dollars in electrical construction for which I was the designer, the estimator or the project manager.
- Bid and managed single electrical projects as large as $25 Million.
- Extensive experience in project cost containment, management, scheduling, and projections.
- Well versed and experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products including constructing custom Excel spreadsheets for projections and management purposes.
- Also adept at using Trimble estimating suites, TradeService, MS Project, AutoCAD and other construction and management software suites.
Noted NYC projects as well as other more local area projects Steven has bid, designed or managed before forming Contractors Electric include:
- Statue of Liberty 1984 Renovation.
- Trump Plaza
- Goldman Sachs Trading Floor
- Bear Stearns Computer Networks
- City Spire (73 Stories) mixed use skyscraper
- Museum of Modern Art Residential Tower
- 100 UN Plaza
- Monaco Coach Campus
- Marathon Coach
- King Estate Winery
- Western Beverage Distribution Center
- TJ Maxx
- Williams Bakery (US/Franz Bakeries)
- St. Vincent DePaul Apartments at The “Royal”, The “Lamb”, and The “Aster” Locations
- Lillis School of Business, University of Oregon
- Oregon Medical Group Clinics at Westmoreland, Crescent, Gateway and Barger Locations
- Sacred Heart Hospital Fire Alarm System Replacement
- Eugene Brain & Spine ASC & Clinic
- The TEN Coburg Rd, ASC & Medical Offices
- Willamette Valley Cancer Linear Accelerator Addition
- Willamette Valley Cancer Riverbend Clinic
- Hawes Financial Services Office Building
- Kendall Toyota
- Shorewood Packaging
- Lumber Products, Inc.
- Pacific Clear Vision Clinic & ASC
- Cascade Manor Retirement Center
“Se Habla Español” Si Habla Español solamente, por favor de pedir hablar con Steven.